Patanjali Yogpeeth gets 455 acres along Yamuna expressway

Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadav will lay the foundation stone of yoga guru Ramdev’s Patanjali Yogpeeth food park and university on November 30 from Lucknow, officials of the Yamuna expressway industrial development authority (YEIDA) said on Tuesday.

The organisation has been allotted land institutional and industrial use, by the state government, officials said.

“The Uttar Pradesh government has issued an allotment letter, granting 455 acres to yoga guru Ramdev’s Patanjali Yogpeeth, for industrial and institutional use,” Amarnath Upadhyay, an additional chief executive officer of the Yamuna expressway industrial development authority, said.

“We have allotted 430 acres (of the 455 acres) for industrial purpose and 25 acres for institutional use. Baba Ramdev plans to set up a university and research centre here,” Upadhyay said.

Yamuna expressway industrial development authority, which owns land along 165-kilometre Yamuna expressway, said it has passed on the allotment letter to be handed over to a representative of Patanjali Yogpeeth in Lucknow.

The land chosen by the Patanjali Yogpeeth is located in sectors 24, 24A and 22B on a 120-metre wide road that is connected to Yamuna Expressway.

The spot is located around four kilometres from the Buddh International Circuit (BIC), Yamuna expressway authority officials said.

The Yamuna Expressway provides connectivity between Greater Noida and Agra.

The chief minister will lay the foundation stone from Lucknow in the presence of Ramdev and Acharya Balkrishna, who had visited the site along the 165-km Yamuna Expressway in June.

“We have decided to start operations on the site from March 2018. We aim to invest Rs1,600 crore in this project, which will benefit around 50,000 local farmers. We will procure the supply of milk and other raw material for food products such as ghee, oil, etc. from farmers,” SK Tijarawala, spokesperson for Patanjali Yogpeeth, said.

“This project will create around 10,000 jobs,” Tijarawala said.

The organisation, Patanjali Yogpeeth, will have to pay 10% of the total cost now (as land has been allocated) and the remaining 90% in instalments, an authority official said.

Patanjali Yogpeeth will also invest Rs1,600 crore in another project it is going to set up in Lalitpur district of Uttar Pradesh, the spokesperson said.

According to Patanjali Yogpeeth, the university will be a first of its kind as it will provide education that is a blend of western and eastern schools of thought.

The educational institute is expected to be set up within five years.


Related posts